Friday, November 18, 2011

Introduction: Part 1

 I imagine it's pretty typical to start these things with an introduction, but I thought I'd save that for the next post and instead start with talking about why I'm starting this blog, focusing mostly why I'm starting it now.

Since I started on my first manuscript last year, I've been thinking about what I would need to do once/if I get published. One thing I thought of was starting a blog. They seem like popular ways for authors to communicate with their readers, and I've found that I enjoy the personal connection that they allow.

However, when I started looking around at blogs, especially those by other authors, when I found one I liked, I found that I like to go look at the older posts and see what's been going on and get a feel for if I'm interested in following. So, I thought it might be a good idea to have some past content available before I start publicizing, or even telling anyone about this. :-)

Also, I thought about what sort of posts I would be interested in reading from an author. For me, personally, that would be posts about the writing process. I'm interested in how their ideas were formed, what their inspiration was, or what their writing process looks like. So, I thought it might be more interesting for my future readers, whoever you turn out to be, to get the chance to learn about my process as I'm writing, rather than just my random ramblings after I'm done.

So, with those two main reasons in mind, I'm all set to start up this blog. So, here we go. Next, I'll post a 'getting to know me' post, then I'll go forward with talking about why, how, and what I'm writing as I write it, more or less. I hope that it turns out to be interesting to someone...someday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment